Ms. Megan Gardner
Goal:To help young children reach their full potential through unwavering compassion and dedication to the Montessori principles.
Education and Certification
AMI Training for Children Aged 0-3, June 2011-Present
BS in Business Management, May 2011, University of Phoenix
AMI Primary Diploma, May 2008, Montessori Institute of Atlanta
First Aid certified since 2003; CPR certified since 1997
Consistent AMI Refresher Course attendance since 2009
Lead Teacher, Dynamite Montessori School, July 2007 – Present
Lead teacher of the toddler classroom and co-teacher of summer program
- Developed the toddler program and worked with school owners to define its policies
- Used creative techniques to beautify the classroom with a very low cost
- Created the Spring Fling event, which raised thousands of dollars and community spirit
- Guided children in various music activities each day, including cultural music exposure
- Designed an outdoor environment with work space, a garden, and a playground
- Co-created a summer program with daily cooking, art, science, and drama
- Managed a summer materials account and purchased materials
Respite and Habilitation Worker, Consumer Advocacy Projects, October 2003 – August 2006
- Prepared and implemented extended lesson plans for children with special needs
- Guided children with baking and other kitchen activities
- Played outdoor games
Nanny, Sprinkle Family, June 2003 – August 2006
Nanny for two children of a Montessori teacher between the ages of 14 mos. and 7 yrs. old
- Guided children in cooking, art and outdoor activities
- Assisted family with toilet training
- Worked with parents to create and maintain a consistent setting for children
- Dedication to Montessori principles; enthusiasm that inspires children and parents.
- Knowledge of music theory with emphasis on vocals and bells.
- Willingness and ability to make beautiful and detailed materials.
- Ability to find child sized and attractive “treasures” for the classroom.
- Functional creativity aimed at saving money without compromising aesthetics.
- Event planning and fund raising skills.
- Some Spanish vocabulary and musical repertoire.